Friday, January 11, 2013

Project 365> Day Three Hundred & Sixty-Five

For the last 365 days... I have shot & posted an image every single day.

I took images that described my day, what I saw, where I went, the things I witnessed, the things that challenged me, the simple things, the things I forgot about, the average things, the most beautiful things and all things inspirational to me.  The last 365 days have taken me on a journey I never imagined possible.  Have you ever uttered these words in your head?... "Just take one day at a time" ?? Well I did take one day at a time, I documented it and let me tell you...it went by in a flash (no pun intended).  Certain days were easy to post because my life is always filled with photogenic people, places and things.  Other days (mainly evenings at 11:45 pm) were filled with "Oh jeez I need to post something FAST before midnight!" 

Many photographers start a project like this for reasons of their own.  I started this with the hopes of challenging myself in any way possible. I wanted to keep my creative skills busy and I've now realized how much more it has done for me.  I appreciate the little things in life and I never want to leave the house without a camera.  It also made me realize how much more I have to learn on this journey as an artist/picture taker. Forever learning and growing your dreams is not a bad thing by any means.

Looking back is the rewarding part about this project. That's the part I didn't expect.  So in a nutshell, I'm really happy I could do this for myself. I'm really happy if you have enjoyed checking this blog everyday, or every other day... or once a month. So thank you... I appreciate you.

Today might be the last day of this project... but its only the beginning of the year and I will always no matter what be taking pictures for you and for me.  Rome wasn't built in 365 days after all. I think it took 500 years?

Well... today I took an appropriate drive around little old Saskatoon... searching for something pretty & mysterious.  I think I found it. What do you think?

...Last but not least... Thanks to my Shawn for always making sure I did my blog post. I love you. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...