Sunday, November 18, 2012

Project 365> Day Three Hundred & Eleven

What did we do before name display, before texting, before cell phones, cordless phones, internet, call-waiting, websites, blogs, ipads, ipods and i-yadda. What did we do before email?!?!  It all baffles me because if you think about going back to what we did before... It almost seems unorthodox.  I guess I still consider myself old school because I grew up with no internet, VHS tapes, a darkroom vs a computer and I didn't actually get an email address till I was 21-ish.  When I researched for a project, I went to an encyclopaedia set, not to google.  Don't even get me started on Facebook. lol

It seems impossible these days to just sit and enjoy the ambiance. Most people need to hold something... like a device of some sort. We need constant communication. We need to send messages without having to talk to people.  We need blogs (such as this one).  What did we do before that? Did we talk to people? Did we listen to our own thoughts more? Did we write with an actual pen? You should take note of how many people have their hands wrapped around a cellphone. The whole reason for a cell phone 15 years ago was for emergency use. Now my cell phone is a constant communication device. A way to email, text, receive calls 24 hours a day...7 days a week, 365 a year. Its exhausting. (wink)  In no way am I saying I /we should give up on technology. No matter how much we advance, I think its important to not abandon books, don't forget to send a letter in the mail, live life dangerously by leaving your cell phone at home when you're out with loved ones. 

There is nothing in our material world more beautiful than freedom from our sins. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...