Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Project 365> Day Forty-One

The underrated carnation needs more recognition.  I think carnations should be the new found flower of 2012.  Imagine your wedding bouquet jam packed with carnations and nothing else. Gorgeous.
Carnations are durable as nails... and pretty as waterfalls.

What I found interesting is the fact that scientifically they are known as the "flower of love" or the "flower of the gods", depending on the source.  Cool.  I'll take 1500 of them any day.  ;-)

So when you're kids ask you if you learned anything today, you can tell them this:
Light red carnations are often used to convey admiration, whereas the dark red versions express deeper sentiments of love and affection. White carnations are associated with purity and luck... and pink carnations are often given as a sign of gratitude. In the early part of the 20th century, carnations became the official flower of Mother's Day.  Which brings me to my next photo idea.  ;-)

This up coming Mother's Day (which is also my birthday) wink wink, nudge nudge... I'll be hosting a carnation tea & picture taking.  No worries, I'll remind you closer to the date when you can start booking in. ;-)  This is just a hint to spark some interest in your ears.

So here is my version of the hot pink carnation.
...99 cents of shear beauty.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...