Tuesday, July 13, 2010

No Title.

Like any other day. Yesterday started off a great one.
The air was fresh.  The clouds were picturesque.
The light was amazing.
My life in that moment, like any other day... *well*... it rocked.

I never thought someone would try to end their life in front of me.
Right in front of me.
He tried to take his own life before my eyes.
Before I could even stutter a word to help.
Before I even knew what to think.
Before anything.

Suicide is never talked about. Hardly publicized.
But I still wish it never existed.  Especially yesterday.
Especially during a moment where I thought my life is so great.
My life is great.
But a stranger in that moment yesterday, didn't share the same greatness.
He was powerless.
My guess, he was troubled in a way no one could understand.
But he hurt me in a way I didn't even know I could be brought down.

I have emotions of
grief, anger and sympathy
towards a person I've never met.
I have a thousand questions.
I have pictures in my mind.
Pictures are memories.
This is a memory I wish not to remember.
I have to forget the images that are instilled in my mind.
As a photographer, this is now a challenge I have to face.

I don't know where people go, when they don't want to live.
I don't really wish to think about it.
But I don't wish pain on anyone that was lost.

I can forgive and learn to forget.

1 comment:

Blue4130 said...

In grade 10 my best friend killed himself. I still have questions that haunt me. It gets easier ever year to create a haze over the pain and anger, but it never really goes away. Give me a shout if you want to talk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...